Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Proposed Public Argument

http://www.tunecore.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/spotify-logo.jpg

I decided to change my topic to free streaming websites and how it affects the music industry.  I want to write a letter to Taylor Swift or another similar artist who has decided to pull their music from Spotify because they did not think they were getting their fair share of money.  I personally listen to Spotify and I was really annoyed with Taylor Swift and other artists for taking their music off Spotify.  I read their argument, and at first I thought it made a lot of business sense.  However, as I did more research I realized that Spotify is not solely to blame.  Record companies take a lot of the profit and streaming is not the sole income of an artist anyway.  I want to write my letter to inform Taylor Swift and other artists that they should rethink their decision about taking their music off Spotify.  







No comments:

Post a Comment