Saturday, October 31, 2015

Initial thoughts about the Audience for my Argument

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-DF456_STREAM_G_20140612162817.jpg

     A general public cannot exist because it implies that everyone thinks exactly the same way, which is not possible.  Everybody has individual opinions and backgrounds that affect the way they view an argument.  We all view the same thing individually; therefore, addressing the general public would most likely cause generalizations.
     Everyone who listens to music on a streaming website could be impacted if popular artists like Taylor Swift start a movement to remove their music from places like Spotify.  I am writing my letter to artists like Taylor Swift, so the most affected would be any singer or record dealer.  Specifically, I am focusing on artists who do not think they are getting a large enough royalty from being on Spotify.  I want them to realize Spotify is not the bad guy, and to put their music back on the free streaming website.  I think my audience will be familiar with Spotify, but I also think they are missing some crucial information and only focusing on what benefits their point of view.  I think anyone interested in the Spotify debate could read my letter if they wanted to hear more information about it.  I think that the artists could be hostile because they believe they are right and do not want to hear dissenting views.  I also think that record dealers could be hostile because I am going to write about how they are taking a lot of the royalties that could be going to artists.  I think my audience needs to understand how the money Spotify acquires is divided among artists, Spotify, and record dealers.

2 comments:

  1. Quite an impressive blog and also I have one thing to say that young bloggers should learn from you. So that they can able to improve their skills and can do better.
    Latest Trends in Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for enlightening us with this informative post and I really like your presentation skills the way you have portrait your thoughts in front of the audience it really impresses me a lot. So cheers to the great work and hope to see more in the future also.
    Textile Industry Analysis

    ReplyDelete