Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thoughts of Drafting

    

   My first rough draft is done, and as I look back on my process, I realize how much I have improved.  The thesis was the hardest part to write and I am still in the process of writing it.  It is a continuous process.  I tried to make it is as relatable to my essay as possible.  Writing in PIE helped me in the organization of my paper.  I attempted to integrate the idea of point, illustration, and explanation into my paragraphs to keep my arguments focused and relevant.  
     My introduction could definitely use some help.  I think it does give my essay a direction, but I could definitely use some help grabbing the reader's attention.  I try to make my paragraphs flow, but I think that I might be using too many quotes.  However, I have attempted to make my essays flow better.  I tried to organize my ideas in coherent paragraphs and to effectively organize my ideas in simple, clear sentences.  I try to tie everything together in my conclusion, and answer the big questions of why it is important that women are not highly represented in executive chairs.  
     The PIE was helpful in how to organize my paper.  It helped me decide exactly what to include in each paragraph.  Remembering that I had to establish the direction of the essay as early as the thesis was helpful in deciding what to include in the QRG.  I found most of the bullets helpful in the general sense, especially the ones about the thesis and the introduction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment