Sunday, September 13, 2015

Cluster of Business Controversy


     I separated my clogger into two separate sides of the argument and labeled them with the main spokesperson, Dick Costolo, ex-Twitter CEO on one and Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook COO, on the other.  I then listed the company they either work for or worked for and gave three of the broadest arguments for both sides to help visualize the main ideas.

Refection:

     I liked the tool that Michael Gee used to create his.  I really liked the way it was organized and color coordinated to make it easy to read.  Katie Lista and I used the same format, and I liked the way she organized it in three categories and summed up the major point in one or two bubbles.  The way they both organized their arguments made it very clear and easy to understand and I, also, liked how easily separated their topics were.  I think their organizational structure will make the essay easier to write and organize into clear, concise arguments.  The idea behind my organizational struction was to clearly show two different sides of the argument and assign the topics to their particular side.
     I think these tools are very helpful in organizing thoughts and gathering major points.  Clusters help in the prewriting of essays to collect the most important information and organize it in a way that makes sense.





2 comments:

  1. I used the same tool as you did for your cluster, and I thought that it was really easy to use! I think your diagram is easy to read because you kept your points simple. I like how each thread ended with several points with specific details about the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your cluster diagram and I as well used this format for my diagram by splitting the controversy into the two opposing viewpoints. Your topics were very straight to the point and summarized the issues very nicely, making it easy to read.

    ReplyDelete