Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Discovering Your Writing Process

http://lps.lexingtonma.org/cms/lib2/MA01001631/Centricity/Domain/395/writing_process_2.JPG
   
I would mostly consider myself a sequential composer.  Before this class, I rarely did any prewriting exercises because I just wanted to go straight into the essay and thought they were a waste of time.  However, I realized that outlines help a lot, but I still do not think I will use a detailed one; although, I realize the benefits, I will continue using my simplistic outlines because they do help gather my thoughts for organization.  I also thought that SOAPSTone was very helpful, and I will continue using this prewriting strategy.  I think I have developed more into a heavy planner over this year, but I still will start writing once I have rough idea what I am going to say. I tend to revise the paragraphs as I write them, so I tend not to rewrite substantial parts of my essay.  Overall, I have grown to appreciate the necessity of prewriting, but I still do not spend copious amount time of preplanning.

No comments:

Post a Comment