Thursday, December 3, 2015

Audience and invention for reflective essay

http://deaddarlings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/rewrite21.jpg

As we near the end of the semester, I would like to reflect on the development of my writing.  I did not start as the strongest organizer because I underestimated the importance of prewriting activities, like outlining.  I want to express my newfound affinity of bare bone outlines and SOAPSTone.  My primary audience for this essay would be Dr. Bell, my teacher, while my classmates would be my secondary audience because they will be peer-editing my reflection essay.  Dr. Bell has read my previous essays, so she knows how my paper has developed over the course of this semester.  I have taken a lot of her comments and tried to improve my essay using them as guidelines as to where to improve.  I will focus on specific examples in my essay and go into detail reflecting on what was wrong with the initial paper and how I improved it in my rewrite.  I will provide sufficient evidence and analysis of how I improved my essay.  Since I am writing how I improved my paper to my professor, I will write in a persuasive, mostly formal tone.  I plan on adding an anecdote from the struggle I had in rewriting to make it more personable and interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment